There are always loads of recipes I'd like to try but lose them before I do. This is where I can record recipes I find interesting and keep notes on my experiments with them.

I have a system that I've adopted for working through recipes:

1 - New recipes are saved to the Experimental Mouffette and is labeled : Untested
2 - As I'm working out the changes I'd like to make (if any) it is labeled : Testing
3 - Once I think I've got the correct formula it is labeled : Test 1
4 - IF I am able to reproduce the effect a second time it is labeled : Test 2 - if I am not able to reproduce the effect, it remains Test 1
5 - The same process as step 4 is used to graduate it to Test 3
6 - Once I have been able to reproduce the effect successfully 3 times, it graduates to my main blog, La Mouffette Gourmande

European Union visitors, please visit the following link concerning cookies (the computer kind, not he eating kind) Blogger cookies

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Herbes de Provence blend - PUBLISHED

1 - didn't have dried oregano, so I substituted with marjoram, and it seems pretty good!
2 - Previously I only had powdered rosemary, and this time I made the mix with whole dried leaf. Way too much at 1Tbsp in my opinion. - Made a new mix and trying it at 2tsps rosemary.

1 Tbsp dry savory leaf
2 tsps dry rosemary leaf
1 Tbsp dry oregano leaf or marjoram?
2 tsps dry thyme leaf
1 tsp dry basil leaf
1 tsp dry lavender flower
  1. Coarsely grind the rosemary leaf in a mortar and pestle.
  2. Mix together and store in a dark jar with a tight lid in a dark, dry place.

No comments:

Post a Comment